Signage Rules and Regulations
1) What promotions need permits in UAE?
Any promotion that is conducted inside or outside shops to promote a product or a service requires a permit from DED. For other emirates, the respected government entity must be contacted. Wayfinding signage and display stands usually do not require permits.
2) Can I go to DED and get a permit for my signage/billboard?
No, customers are not allowed to get permits from DED. The requests must be submitted by representatives of specialized advertising companies licensed by the respected government entity. TransTech Group as a signage supplier can easily get permits for all 7 emirates in UAE. If you would like us to get a permit for you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We can provide permits for signage, posters, billboards, flyers, banners and other marketing materials.
3) The permit requires the submission of 2D/3D designs. What are the guidelines for these designs?
The 2D/3D simulations should describe the location, size of signage, height of signage, extent of visibility, dimensions of the store, and other important information related to the billboard/signage.
A 2D/3D design would usually set you back 1,000-2,000 AED. If you would like us to make a complementary 2D/3D simulation for you, please contact us.
4) What can I advertise inside and outside my store/restaurant?
5) What are the limitations of my signage’s design?
Your ad must conform to the Islamic customs, values, law, social traditions, as well as public conduct and order. If you are unsure about whether your design would be eligible for approval, please do not hesitate to ask us. TransTech Advertising has more than 15 year’s experience in the industry.
6) Are there any technical specifications I should keep in mind before deciding on the content, size and location for my signage/billboard/hoarding?
It is very important to consider the following requirements:
· Engineering rules of location
· Should not interfere with safety exits, windows or openings
· Water piping and column systems should not be affected
· Safety measures must be taken in terms of other displays nearby and the suitability, structural and architectural capability of the building
· Large display boards in narrow roads and pathways are not allowed
· Advertisements on balconies and windows of buildings are not allowed
· Ads should be free from grammatical and spelling mistakes
· Arabic text should occupy no less than 50% space of total allocated area and should be placed at the top of the advertisement or on the right hand side.
Seems quite the task, doesn't it? Stay worry-free and let us do all the work. TransTech Group can easily get permits for all 7 emirates in UAE. If you would like us to get a permit for you, please do not hesitate to contact us. We can provide permits for billboards, sign boards, flyers, banners and other marketing materials.
For more information, please visit: https://portal.dm.gov.ae/SCWebUI/DataDetails.aspx?servicecode=3849&DeptId=15